In these days of, so-called, political correctness the thought police have tried to tell the American public what to think and what to say. The Christian community is under pressure to stop saying the things that are distinctively Christian. In the interests of “not offending” anyone, is it ok to say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays?”
1. We are blessed by God if we are persecuted for being genuine Christians by sharing our faith.
2. If we are going to be salt, we will rub those who still have the open wounds of sin. Matt 5:13
3. If we are going to be light, people may feel guilty around those whose lives glorify God. Matt 5:14-15
4. We are disobeying the Lord if we hide our faith by bowing to political pressure. Matt 5:16
5. We will receive power to be witnesses if we have the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8
So then, if we are going to obey the Lord Jesus we will live out our faith in real ways. That includes saying what it is…
“… I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.” Romans 1:16