June 5, 2016 Message Outline
Where Are We Going, Part 6 Gift and Giver
Spiritual gifts have been a source of mystery to many Christians. There does not need to be any mystery about it. God tells us what they are and what they are for. But what’s the point of all that?
1 Corinthians 12
Vs. 7,11, 29-30
1. God gives spiritual gifts to all believers as He chooses for the benefit of the whole body of Christ.
Vss. 8-10, 28
2. There are about 19 gifts listed in Scriptures.
Rom 12:3-8; Eph 4:7-16
3. No part is more important than another.
4. Those who are proud of their gift have forgotten why they have it.
5. The whole body suffers and rejoices as one.
So then, it’s not about what spiritual gifts you have,
it’s about using them to love God and others.
“…But the greatest of these is love!”
1 Cor 13:13